How long can ducks stay in incubator?

ecse129

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 30, 2011
I have two ducks and three pipped eggs still in the incubator. One duck is fluffed up and could probably go to the brooder, but the other is still pretty wet. Four siblings are in the brooder already. These are in my classroom and so I won't be back until Monday morning. Should I just go ahead and leave them in the incubator or take the dry one out? I have read they will be fine for up to 3 days, but I don't know if I should just go ahead and pull the dry one or will that make the other one lonely? haha I don't know, any advice would be great.
See them here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/huntseggs2

I guess its a bit late now...But I wouldnt have left them there at the school for that length of time unattended while they were hatching. Hope all is well when you go to check on them - 3 days is a long time after they hatch without food and water. I have had ducks eating and drinking just hours after hatching.

I am going to have to do the same thing. My ducklings should start hatching tomorrow but I will be out of town for three days. I have left a small plate of water and starter crumbles inside the incubator. The temperature should stay at 99 for the whole three days. Crossing my fingers and hope they make it!

Back
Top Bottom