How long can eggs last at the pipped stage?

bilbothebanty

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 5, 2012
Illinois
I have at lest one egg that has been pipped for about 11 hours and I have not seen any significant change. What should I do? One of my eggs has hatched and it started pipping at the same time as the other one, but it only took 7 hours I have seen movement but no progress. My humidity is at 53% and i can't get it to go up. Please give me advise.
hu.gif

Try putting a wet sponge or two in your incubator to bring it up a little.

I've had chicks take 30 hours to go from first pip to hatch. You definitely shouldn't help it out at this point. Most of my chicks take well over the 12 hours you're at now.

It can sometimes take 24hrs for a chick once it has pipped to come out of the shell.

As for your humidity have you tried taking sponges and wetting them and then wringing them out and putting them in to raise the humidity? If you haven't you might want to try that. Depending on how many chicks you have hatching once they start hatching they will automatically raise the humidity. Hope this helps.

Thanks all I do have some sponges in there but maybe i should put more in? I do not want to open the incubator to often though. Also thank you for telling me how long it takes chicks to hatch that helps a lot. i was getting worried.

Back
Top Bottom