How long can you keep eggs until they go bad?

BigHead

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 27, 2015
My grandpa always said turn them twice a day and they will last a week.

Last edited:
It really depends. They average is around 10 days. Wait, are you talking about eggs to eat or eggs to hatch? I'm thinking to hatch. Anyway, I've set eggs that were a month old and the majority hatched! So it can vary. I've also read that turning the eggs twice a day is usually beneficial once they are over a week old.

A whole month!
ep.gif
Well, I'll never worry again about shipped eggs being a week old, LOL!

It really depends. They average is around 10 days. Wait, are you talking about eggs to eat or eggs to hatch? I'm thinking to hatch. Anyway, I've set eggs that were a month old and the majority hatched! So it can vary. I've also read that turning the eggs twice a day is usually beneficial once they are over a week old.
xs 2.

Most people won't set eggs over a week old. The most recommended is 10 days or less with most "experts" agreeing after two weeks you generally see a decline in the hatch rate. However, like Ruby said, there are people that hatch older eggs and still have good hatches. Just remember, the longer you store them in theory, the more the probability of the hatch rate decreasing.

Back
Top Bottom