how long can you leave eggs out unrefrigerated?

Thank You for the Posting ,
I always - put my eggs in the refrigerator and now I know I can keep them out up to 2-week at less.
My husband said they can stay out but I always clean and refrigerate them.
He said his Mom & dad would leave them setting on the table until cooked.
I really enjoy the posting and chat with Everyone.

yesss.gif

Quote: I'm no expert, by any means, but egg shells are porous, so it would make sense to me that the eggs could absorb some of the odors from the fridge (Chinese takeout, etc) and possibly taint the taste of the egg.

Thank you so much, Betty R for that trick for fresh boiled eggs. You are so right...you can't peel the really fresh ones. Now I will try this. I just love this sight. There are so many great people who share such wonderful secrets and ideas. :)

Another thing to consider is that if the eggs are still good enough to incubate after max of about 2 weeks they can safely be eaten. If they can be hatched there is no harmful Bactria in them.

I normally leave them out for up to 3 weeks after rinsing an occasional dirty egg. But I only give away fresher eggs.

I noticed the post about hard boiling fresh eggs. Do you keep the water boiling? or do you shut it off for 17 minutes? Do the yolks have a ring of green with this method? I got a recipe from my son, and it calls for putting the eggs in room temp water, bringing it to a boil and cooking for 5 minutes, then icing. It works great as well. Thanks for the post. I will check back for a response.

I noticed the post about hard boiling fresh eggs. Do you keep the water boiling? or do you shut it off for 17 minutes? Do the yolks have a ring of green with this method? I got a recipe from my son, and it calls for putting the eggs in room temp water, bringing it to a boil and cooking for 5 minutes, then icing. It works great as well. Thanks for the post. I will check back for a response.

I have only hard boiled eggs once, but I did some research first (yes, I am in fact crazy), and found a method where you bring the water to boiling, put the eggs in for a certain number of minutes (can't remember how many off the top of my head, I have it written down at home), and then fish them out and run under cold water. The water is at a light boil the entire time. I made an entire dozen, only had 1-2 slight green rings, and the rest were cooked perfectly with shells that popped off easily for the most part.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom