How long does a turkey take to grow?

Nutrena says about a 75lb. bag full of feed is how long it takes them to get to maturately
What kind of Nutrena are you feeding? I didn't know Nutrena made a 75lb. bag, I have only seen it in 25 & 50 pound sizes! I think some of the larger breeds would require more feed than the smaller breeds and the bag I bought of All flock pellets says just in general that turkeys would on average consume 72# for the first 12 weeks from hatch, but they suggest starter for the first 8 weeks for turkeys, so it was a little confusing. I had 30 White Holland Heritage Turkeys( All different ages) on free range and 18% protein pellets and at 5 months were consumed a bag a day and most were nowhere near ready to harvest, until they reached 9 months or so. Where did you get this information? Please advise.
hmm.png

Heritage turkeys take about 7months to get big enough to butcher, but not on corn. Corn just makes them fatty. I do give mine corn in the winter when it's less than -20 or so.

I was reading the other day that this guy who had bought floating fish food with 38% protein and 12% fat and grains and he bought a food processor from Helping hands and grinds it down to starter size meal and uses this with all his just hatched fowl and stated he gets faster growth and quicker feathering because of the higher protein and gets the fish food a good amount cheaper than the Game bird Starter.
Any body else herd of this using the floating fish food for Fowl.

I was reading the other day that this guy who had bought floating fish food with 38% protein and 12% fat and grains and he bought a food processor from Helping hands and grinds it down to starter size meal and uses this with all his just hatched fowl and stated he gets faster growth and quicker feathering because of the higher protein and gets the fish food a good amount cheaper than the Game bird Starter.
I have never fed fish or used any fish food, but have been meaning to price it ever since Kuntrygirl ask, but keep forgetting. I go to buy feed tomorrow, so I'll have to tie a string around my finger! Thanks for the reminder............38% protein?
ep.gif

I have used floating catfish pellets and they love it. However, I have not tried a food processor to grind it and feed as a starter meal. Pure Genius. The price of the pellets were $15.00 for a 50lb bag when I was buying it. I may have to go back to adding the pellets.

Back
Top Bottom