how long does it take for rouen ducks to lay eggs

Typically anywhere after 22-24 weeks. However, I have 2 Pekins (not giants) that have started at 18 weeks, unusual, but they're doing it every day. You never know. As my OB told me when I was 11 days overdue "when the apple is ripe it will fall from the tree." This looks like him too, old and wise...
old.gif

Getting two eggs a day from my now 19 week old Pekins, so 10 so far in a week. BUT, my best friend BillieJo is starting to hide them and building a nest. Really kinda young for that, isn't it? Still get a double yolker here and there. Amazing...

They lay there first spring. At least mine did and every spring after I get about 45 eggs or so a season. I got my male and female in june of 2011 and she had her first eggs the next spring.

I have 5 female ducks, I have 4 laying daily now but 1 who isn't doing anything. It takes them time. I'm not worried. My first eggs started appearing around 21ish weeks and it was one a day and now at about 26 weeks I'm getting the 4 I mentioned. I'm inundated. I planned on 5 ducks producing about 15 eggs a week but at this rate even with 4 I'm looking at 28 a week, some double yokers.

@Tigeresslane Sometimes it just takes some ducks longer. A 7mo duck would of been a hatchling in feb so you should get some soon if you give them proper nutrition. Given the Cayuga and it's being know for different color eggs, I am suspicious that that's my non-layer. But I went from 1 egg 3 weeks ago to 4 a day for the past 3 days so just don't worry. As long as they get food, it will come.

Back
Top Bottom