How long should chicks sleep?

My 6 chicks I brought home on Sunday seem to play for hours then sleep for a little while. Do they sleep all night like the grown up Hens? One had pasting, but warm water and a piece of flannel got it off. Now she doesn't seem to have a problem. When the chicks are awake, if I leave the room, after about 5 minutes they start to peep really loud. I can hear them with the door closed and 2 rooms away. When I go check on them, they seem fine. Maybe they're spoiled & want to see me constantly? :) & I have no idea what breed they are. I got them from Tractor supply and they just said they're Pullets. I picked the cute little brown ones with black only on their feathers.

I had the same issue with trying to get it to sleep or chill with the nonce wasn't hunger you or firsty so I tried Warming the room up and it was the happiest chick ever so now decided to get it a light

Hi! My chicks sleep all night, and some of the day. I was wondering why they sleep on top of the brooder?

Hm. Ours were VERY busy this morning (1st day). Late this afternoon, they've been sleeping for a long time. I'm a little worried that ours do something different than everybody elses.

I bought my first baby chick. I created a box for it but it was peeping and loud! I read they need to stay warm by different weeks different temps... I decided to out it under my shirt abd lay down. It's been sleeping for almost 4 hours sleepless...i think if there's no mother hen to sit on top of them they won't sleep.

My 6 chicks I brought home on Sunday seem to play for hours then sleep for a little while. Do they sleep all night like the grown up Hens? One had pasting, but warm water and a piece of flannel got it off. Now she doesn't seem to have a problem. When the chicks are awake, if I leave the room, after about 5 minutes they start to peep really loud. I can hear them with the door closed and 2 rooms away. When I go check on them, they seem fine. Maybe they're spoiled & want to see me constantly? :) & I have no idea what breed they are. I got them from Tractor supply and they just said they're Pullets. I picked the cute little brown ones with black only on their feathers.
I recently had a child and they did the exact same thing I’m pretty sure they get too much love and realise that they can harvest it constantly just by cheeping much like they wouldn’t for their mother I’ll go in occasionally when they do it but they need to learn the hard way humans aren’t their parents hence the reason farmers sometimes say don’t get too attached when talking about certain animals

I bought my first baby chick. I created a box for it but it was peeping and loud! I read they need to stay warm by different weeks different temps... I decided to out it under my shirt abd lay down. It's been sleeping for almost 4 hours sleepless...i think if there's no mother hen to sit on top of them they won't sleep.
Is there more than one chick? They need a buddy or they will cheep non-stop

Back
Top Bottom