How many bleeping times do neighbors need to be warned about the leash law!!!???

Spongegirl

Songster
8 Years
Jun 4, 2011
middle earth
Chased off the beagle this morning, with the aid of my maremma, from the same neighbors whos dogs killed my entire flock 3 years ago. I have had conversations with them, and didn't make them responsible for the birds before. This time I have a valuable breeding program and this means GD WAR! I called the humane society which is also linked with the sheriff and we have a leash law. Its a LAW...HELLO! Sent the neighbor a friendly not so friendly reminder of what is happening here and what is going to happen if I loose my birds. I now know that I cant LEGALLY kill the dog (why), hence shoot, shovel, and shut up, so I didn't make threats like that but told her I have a breeding program that is my livelihood and saving all receipts to prove value in case something happens. GRRRRRR!!!!! However, I will kill any dogs that get down my 1/4 mile drive, no one can see me anyways. Everything that crawls, slithers, flies and walks seem to want eggs for breakfast and chicken dinner. GEEZUS!

Last edited:
If it's not legal to kill the dog, get a paintball gun. It will hurt like heck and provide visible evidence the dog HAS been on your property. It's the painted one, after all. That way AC can ticket the owners.

But really your Maremma should be doing its job and keeping the dog away!

just had a talk in person with the sheriff dept animal control... learned a lot. Humane society woman told me I couldn't kill the dog. The sheriff guy told me I can defend my property, yes I can kill the dog. "She is the humane society worker, after all, and killing the dog is the opposite of that" lol I showed him exactly what I had to lose and educated him real quick to a different kind of chicken beside barnyard and my whole outfit with what I had to loose for an irresponsible neighbor. He is keeping chickens so I shoulda talked more out his hobby farm too to gain some favor. Shoulda offered him some roos lol.
Paintball!!! perfect! thank you!

Oh yeah the maremmano...long story that I have recently vented my frustrations with him on here but...he is in training...still a puppy. He does help. But still very young at 15 months. He hasn't learned that chickens are separate from everything else that he kills. But I hadn't let the chickens out yet so it was safe to run to get him, let him go run with me and chase off the dog. I didnt have to run for long, he took over completely. He told me the dog was here. I heard my dog's barking was different and he knew right where to run to chase off that dog. I want him to bite the dog but he wont yet. This is the second time my dog chased other dogs away.

Back
Top Bottom