How many chicken tunnels (chunnels) are there?

cementitiousman

Chirping
12 Years
Dec 18, 2010
Seattle
Here's a quick video of our chickens in the chicken tunnel at City Art Farm. Any other tunnels out there?

0.jpg

I have never heard of anything like this or even seen it before! (Country girl who grew up with free rangers here). Would you mind explaining a bit about what these are? I know I could just Google it, but I would love for a fellow member to tell me more!

It's just a (funny) way to give your chickens more room to run around without letting them destroy the garden or lawn (urban farmer types). In our case we had a former goat pen which was not being used so we wanted to give the chickens access to it and we may a 30' long tunnel between their yard and the goat pen. Now every morning they get up and head down the tunnel to hang out at their vacation home in the old goat pen. It's great fun to see them all marching single file down the tunnel. Conflict ensues when one of them stops or decides to turn around. The tunnel is made of a length of 4' fencing material bent into a "U" or staple shape. The fencing is then secured to the ground with tent stakes so our dogs can't break into the coop. I thought we were unique until I posted it on youtube and found 12 other chicken tunnels so I figured there must be a lot more out there. It's funny, but nothing beats just letting your chickens roam around.

Wow, I would love to build something like this if not for the fact we live in a rural environment with too many predators. =(

This is such a great idea, and thank you for explaining it further. I would love to see more video of it haha!

Back
Top Bottom