How many chickens could I have in a 10X10 coop?

Thanks to all. I think I've got it. Will raise the roost so that I have room to hang feeder under it, add ramps and reduce the size of the dust bath. This will give them more floor space so that if they have to be shut in maybe they won't get on each others nerves like is happening now. Love the setup in the picture! It's obvious that I have never raised chickens before so thanks for your patience.
Hey we all had to learn at one time...it's a steep learning curve....why we are here to pass it along.
Don't be afraid to change things up if it's not working, I use screws to build everything so easier to change later, and ask questions if you have them.

It can also depend on the size of coop so they have room to fly down without crashing into a wall.
Mine are only 36" but I had to install a ramp for the fliers and the heavy girls to avoid the crash against wall and the huge THUD when they jumped onto the floor. My coop is only 6 feet wide.

Good point, I don't have to worry about that in my coop but it's a valid concern...

Back
Top Bottom