How many chickens do YOU have?

13 (including a small roo) in the coop, 8 in the brooder, and possibly another 9 coming this weekend!

So a total 30 after the weekend :)
D.gif

I am only allowed 5, however I started with 6 straight run. Then got 8 bantams which gave me 14. Then I found out 4 of the original 6 were roosters so I got 6 pullets which gave me 20. Then my Wife found bantams that had feathers on their feet, one being a silky so she ended up getting 6 more giving us 26, However one of the new 6 didn't make it, took us down to 25. Gave the 4 roosters from the original 6 to my Wife's Uncle and now we are down to 21.

I hope to sell 8 of the Bantams this Saturday at out local TSC animal swap. If I am successful we will be at 13 (8 large breed and 5 Bantams). Hopefully I can pay off the neighbors with some fresh eggs before to long, if you know what I mean.

3 years ago I had only 4 hybrid hens;
Since then I've gone a little mad as my numbers have increased to roughly 65 chickens in my breeding groups alone. But all my breeding animals have names and their own characters and of course I love them all :)
However my numbers increase into the hundreds when I hatch out chicks to sell. Luckily I manage to sell them all, otherwise I'd probably be completely over run with chickens! ;D

4 Hens, 3 babies in the brooder :)

We had 6 for a long time, but recently lost 2. I wish i had space for more!!!

Back
Top Bottom