How many chickens do YOU have?

35 right now, 33 in a week or 2 as the Cornish X Rocks are about to become dinner. All this on a small city lot. If I can manage that my goal is to get 50 good egg layers as that's enough eggs to cover my mortgage. I believe the count is 18 leghorns, 6 golden comets, 3 amber links, 3 silver lace wyandettes (or however you spell it), 2 barred rocks (straight run so both, 1 or none maybe eaten later), 1 red sex link, 2 Cornish X Rocks.

8 older ones (7 who are laying, 1 who just turned six months and should start laying any day now)
1 rooster, great protector but he's a pill sometimes to me...
6 what I call my teenagers...less then six months
8 baby's who just got moved out side (just over five weeks)
4 new baby's in my family room under the light..
So 27:) and hubby just bought me an incubator....:)

20 as of a few hours ago...12 will be headed outside in a week or so then the little guys will take over the aquarium the big guys have now. Husband cut me off.....for now.....

I have 9 hoping to get up to 13 - 16 I have 7 good layers 6 amber links and 1 barred rock, the other two are a while silkie and partridge silkie. So the others I would like Cochin Frizzie, Maran, Barbanter, and Ameraucana. But I don't want to do babies again so this may not happen LOL I could change my mind though.

8 for me..They are 3 red sex links, 3 commercial black. 1 silver laced wyandotte, 1 buff orpington.
6 for the wife. 5 2 week old silkies and (1white, 1 blue, 3 partridge) and 1 grown partridge silkie rooster

I have 7, 1 barred rock, 1 buff rock, 1 parteridge rock 1 Russian orloff, 1 buff orpenton ( who I think may be a roo) and 2 little mistery chicks.

3 gold sexlinks, 3 black sexlinks. This is me and my kids first go around. To see how it goes. Hopefully, we wil expand and include some "Thanksgiving Dinner" in there as well. (Fingers crossed)

Back
Top Bottom