how many days after turkey lays egg,to wait

turkey lover

Songster
10 Years
Mar 12, 2013
so wondering how many days do i wait ,or for how many eggs,befor i can put my eggs inincubator,i got my first egg in the 18th of march so by the 28th im thinking maybe ill have about 6 eggs total,can i put all in together or do the later eggs layed need to sit out for a time please help

it take 21 day to hatch a chicken egg i would put them all in at the same time if you could

so it dont mater if the last egg was just barly hatched ,i dont have to hold on to it for ten days or so

Nope they will start to develope when conditions are right. Think if the hen was starting her nest, they would all be laid in about a week and then she would began to set and they will hatch at about the same time. Usually within a 24-48 hours of one another.

I collect as many eggs as my hens lay within a ten day period. I ussally wouldnt go over ten days due to the fertility success of turkey eggs starts to go down after that. I would then put all the eggs i collected in the incubator and they will all hatch at the same time within a day of each other, and if they dont then the rest of the unhatched eggs are more then likely not gonna hatch. 28 days for turkeys.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom