How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

1/5
hmm.png

I got 0 yesterday but this morning I went out and there was three. They don't usually lay that early. I have been getting very few eggs for about three months now and the light is still good. I decided since they have taken off already for three months that it wouldn't hurt them to have the light now. I put it on to come on at 3:30 AM and go off at 5 pm. a couple of the girls are staying in the house a lot because of the roosters and some of the hens are being mean I guess. So I figure they need the light during the day because the house is dark. I have 27 hens but 7 or new and haven't started laying yet. I have a mix lot with mainly EE's and they don't seem to lay but every other day or so. Last year they didn't molt but they went into a hard one this fall. I know that is not unusual for the second year. My sister in law put a steady light in her coup but I didn't want them milling around all nite instead of sleeping so got a timer and it works like a charm. I think I may be another couple of eggs this afternoon and if I do that will be the most I have gotten in a month.
big_smile.png

3/7. My RIR's are slackers! They haven't laid in 5 days and they are only 25 weeks old. Whoever told me that RIR's are great layers
smack.gif
My BR doesn't skip a day and my Leghorn's going strong too.

Back
Top Bottom