How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

7 eggs today. So I introduced 2 hens, 1 that had been part of the flock but then was out of site for 4 days while healing from an injury & a new pullet at POL that was coming off a 4 week quarantine. I put them in together because I had heard that the flock will "forget" the former flock mate & treat her like a newbie. Not do in this case! The former flock mate went right back in the midst of things and the 1 newbie is having to go it alone. I feel sorry for her. I'll be glad when they finally accept her.
Make that 8 eggs, I found another when I went to lock up.
The "outcast" hen was/is hiding under the barn where I can't get to her (even using a pole). I hope nothing gets her tonight. We have an opossum that likes to come raid the compost bin.

Last edited:
Awwwww ... so sorry to hear about your little fella. Think he might survive?

I'm sorry too! Keep us posted.

He did survive, but I do not know for how long, he was a mess, he had splayed legs and was extra tiny, very weak, so I culled him today.
sad.png

The little pullet is doing very well. I bought her 3 friends from the feed store. I got her a Buff Orpington, and 2 Barred Rocks. I know nothing about Barred Rocks, I was going to get White Leghorns but the feed store said that the shipment did not come in. Dunlap Hatchery said they had a bad batch and did not want to ship them. I do not hear any chirping from the last 10 eggs, and doubt anything else will hatch, Cream Legbars are hard to hatch. However: It would be a nice surprise if more hatch!! And I am super excited I got one pullet. I only got one pullet last year out of 3 hatches!!!
wee.gif

Here are my new girls, the Cream Legbar that I hatched is the chipmunk striped brown one, the yellow chick is the Buff orp, and the Black ones are the Barred Rocks:

Last edited:
He did survive, but I do not know for how long, he was a mess, he had splayed legs and was extra tiny, very weak, so I culled him today.
sad.png

The little pullet is doing very well. I bought her 3 friends from the feed store. I got her a Buff Orpington, and 2 Barred Rocks. I know nothing about Barred Rocks, I was going to get White Leghorns but the feed store said that the shipment did not come in. Dunlap Hatchery said they had a bad batch and did not want to ship them. I do not hear any chirping from the last 10 eggs, and doubt anything else will hatch, Cream Legbars are hard to hatch. However: It would be a nice surprise if more hatch!! And I am super excited I got one pullet. I only got one pullet last year out of 3 hatches!!!
wee.gif

Here are my new girls, the Cream Legbar that I hatched is the chipmunk striped brown one, the yellow chick is the Buff orp, and the Black ones are the Barred Rocks:

Aww so sorry about the little guy, but the girls look happy.
9 /10....I got another hen yesterday and she laid an egg this morning......my highest number yet. One of my chicks ..a phoenix hardly ever lays an egg....not sure if I should count her as a layer.
pics of the phoenix please?

Back
Top Bottom