How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

@Wickedchicken6
actually the browns aren't the blue every now and then
but the barred I have have been my diehard Jumbo layers
bow.gif
to your hens. Ouch!

That's interesting! Any jumbo egg from the EEs is usually a double yolker here. And I don't have anything to compare it to as far as large fowl. Closest I'll come to other breeds are the crosses from my new barred rock and a few of the younger outcross roosters I hatched last year. But of course they'll be crossed on the EEs.

I have a few large, store bought eggs left and I've used them for comparison to rate the size of the EE eggs so far. According to that my mature EE eggs are large size. And some of the Silkie cross hens I have also give a large egg. I have no idea what they're crossed with but I assume purebred Silkie eggs aren't that big?
idunno.gif
They do really well to put out such a big egg for such a smaller type hen.
(And I WAS going to give them away! Give my head a shake!)
smack.gif

Wednesday

Chicken eggs 8

Thursday & Friday

Chicken eggs 13

Saturday

Chicken eggs 7

Temp Thursday and Friday it rained how odd most of the local lower roads were closed but Saturday was nice and clear in the low 50's ya just freezing cold but the birds seemed to enjoy it but the chickens haven't seemed to stay under cover .
Hi Gander! What great egg counts you are getting!! My girls have barely started to pick up the pace. Hubby reported 6 eggs today, 1 was thin shelled & broke.

Back
Top Bottom