How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I got 6 today but I had to wrestle them away from my jersey giant. Apparently she thinks fall is a good time to hatch out eggs. I chased her off the nest several times today but every time I turn my back she’s right back in there. I even had to pull the ceramic eggs out to try to get her mind off hatching eggs. As soon as one of the other girls lays an egg she jumps on it

7 today, would have had 8, but when I lifted one pullet up to put in a nest box to ‘encourage’ her to lay her egg, she plopped it out as I was carrying her, poor girl, I felt very badly for this, I am sure laying eggs is not an easy comfortable thing.

Todays haul
EDD73EE8-6379-4E16-BE9D-5B0DD6FA2790.jpeg

7 today, would have had 8, but when I lifted one pullet up to put in a nest box to ‘encourage’ her to lay her egg, she plopped it out as I was carrying her, poor girl, I felt very badly for this, I am sure laying eggs is not an easy comfortable thing.

Todays haul
View attachment 3667627
Very pretty eggs! 😍

I got 6 today but I had to wrestle them away from my jersey giant. Apparently she thinks fall is a good time to hatch out eggs. I chased her off the nest several times today but every time I turn my back she’s right back in there. I even had to pull the ceramic eggs out to try to get her mind off hatching eggs. As soon as one of the other girls lays an egg she jumps on it
One of my Azur Blues is thinking she would be a good broody mama - umm NO! Maybe next summer lovely lady.

The shell of one of the eggs I got today was a little deformed on one end. When I cracked it into the skillet it had a strange tan colored string-thing next to the yolk. I just removed it, cooked the eggs and tried not to think about it while I ate supper. LOL
Sounds like some of my older girls, I just scramble them up and they are tasty 💕😊

Back
Top Bottom