How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

6/6

Had a shock today...my 17 week old EE who is the lowest pullet on the totem pole of our 22 pullets started copying the alpha pullet when she started her Egg Song this morning. This EE was badly pecked a couple of months ago and she is terrified of the other pullets and spends her days on the roost or a hutch in the run. I have to feed her there so it was a shock to hear her do more than her little murmurs and weird honking. She just this week began to get red around her eyes and her comb is suddenly getting red but no squat. I promptly put an unused nesting box on the hutch so she has a place to lay when she is ready!

Also had a BR squat for me today...this week she suddenly had a red face/comb. And a SLW went around all day doing the Egg Song and one of the other SLW mounted her while they were on the roost. So hopefully there will soon be more eggs in the nest boxes!
woot.gif

Last edited:
4/25 today. been low egg count all week . either stress from the new 10 birds i just got 2 weeks ago or the change of layer feed i wont do that again.

25 from our 30 GC's yesterday!!! We had some city friends come out yesterday afternoon and the wife said she wouldn't want to keep chickens. But within a few minutes she was inside the run and picking 'em up and petting them. By the time they left she was asking her husband where they could put a coop and could he build her one. Go figure...

Quote:
happens everytime! another one bites the dust!!! I have weekly renters in my cabin right next to my house ( literally) I always get nervous if they will complain about the two roos crowing-they love them. When you keep your coops maticulous-everyone wants them. People are always amazed at how it doesnt smell-how clean it is and then they watch me all week cleaning everyday-by the time they are ready to leave to go home-they still want them even though they see how much work they can be. I lead them to BYC website and they have my #. I think I have gotten 3/6 getting chickens now! hahaha

Back
Top Bottom