How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Quote:
Hey well things do exand when its that cold out lol...wonder if that goes for eggs?! JK...thats one big egg
smile.png

First...I want to say I am so glad to hear that many of you are starting to get eggs again!

3 Friday, 4 yesterday, 2 so far today (will check again in a little while).... out of 9 laying hens (I think)

Wahoo! I have 3 RIR that have been laying since July, 3 BR & 3 Red Stars that I have been waiting to start (they are 5 months old now). They have not laid an egg for me since the day before Thanksgiving.....then.......2 days ago, I started getting eggs again...kind of small so I was assuming that my 6 juvies were starting to lay, but wasn't sure as I am kind of new to this. But this morning, during my normal morning ritual of feeding, watering & talking to my babies, I actually saw one of my Red Stars lay an egg! This is the first time I personnaly witnessed it! It was sooooo COOL!
cool.png

My DH thinks I am nuts about how excited I get over my itty-bitties! LOL!
big_smile.png

5 from 7 so far today.

40 for the week (Sun to Sat) and I'm still unsure if that 7th hen actually started.
Actually sold a dozen to partners co-worker. I'll have over half the feed cost covered with that 2 buck/doz per week. Woo Hoo!

7/7 yesterday found one at the gate to the run, dirty I know who it was she must have not been paying attention, she's usually a prissy girl! Today nada at 11 am even my husband was surprised!
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom