How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

You are getting 7 eggs every day from 9 hens and you are complaining? Even super layer chickens don't lay eggs every day of the year.

2 yesterday :he
5 today, all by 9 AM

At least neither Faverolles spent the day on a nest today. Maybe they've given up on the broody thing and will start putting out eggs again.

The Australorps (18 this month and Zorra didn't start laying until the 3rd) and Easter Eggers (16 this month) are making the other girls look bad.

Bruce

Here in NC we are having spring time weather... 78° yesterday... its only been below freezing maybe 5 days since October...my girls aren't a year old yet.... so I expect more... besides that, my rule has been quit laying and they get eaten...

3/4 My Silkie isn't part of the four because she is trying to hatch imaginary eggs.

I *HATE* that! Stupid chicken, you can NOT hatch pine shavings!
Hopefully my Faverolles have given that up.
fl.gif

besides that, my rule has been quit laying and they get eaten...

Won't happen at my house so they need to earn their keep
smile.png

6 when I let them out of the coop a little after 9. All were warm, especially the one the Faverolles was sitting on but I took it and she hopped off the nest to get the goodies the other girls were already eating.

Bruce

Here in NC we are having spring time weather... 78° yesterday... its only been below freezing maybe 5 days since October...my girls aren't a year old yet.... so I expect more... besides that, my rule has been quit laying and they get eaten...

Not all chickens lay every single day. So they might all be laying, just not on the same days.

No idea what we have out there..it's been raining so hard that i couldn't get out yesterday. i hope it stops long enough to be able to get out there today. so cold and wet!! GRRRRRRRRRRR
barnie.gif

The warm weather here in the south is helping my hens FINALLY start laying 1-2 eggs every day (out of 4 hens so looks like only 3 are laying every other day. But it's pretty good for what they were doing!)
Question: do certain breeds lay every day/every other day or does it just depend on the chicken? Or is it more that environmental factors that affect egg-laying?

Back
Top Bottom