How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

2 eggs today and with that my first dozen eggs from my chickens.

I have 2 laying now.

Congrats Truckguy, how many pullets do you have total and how old are they? Your eggs look about the same size as mine - small but very tasty!
I have 4 they are about 24 weeks old. they have laid a couple of large eggs like the ones I buy at the store so they are getting bigger than the first one. the first one was pretty small.

funny thing is and I have read the their chickens will use only one nest box. I have 4 in my coup and they are only using one box. go figure.

and yes they area very tasty made an egg sandwich last week with a couple of eggs and it was very good.

Last edited:
Today I got 2/3 and my little ones I got 1/8 she is the only one laying and today she had one in my food storage drawer. While we were standing their..lol;)

Last edited:
Cool, Truckguy, you should soon be getting 3-4 eggs per day which I feel is just about right for one person, and you can still give away a dozen now and then! I have yet to get a large egg but my chicks are only 22 weeks old. They get slightly bigger every week. I think my last BA laid her first egg today as it was extra-small!

I got 6 yesterday but one was the weirdest sift shell I have gotten yet!! Was like a deflated water balloon!! We occasionally get a soft shell where only a spot of the egg s soft. The whole thing was soft. Normal om the inside. Hopefully the newbies will find the oyster shell!!

6/6 again! I am also averaging at least 1 double yolked egg a day! Sometimes from a Golden Comet, sometimes a Leghorn, sometimes the Plymouth Rock--they seemto take turns! I'm so tickled with all of them!!

Back
Top Bottom