How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I got 2 eggs from 2 hens :) they haven't started slowing down yet and I dread when they do! I got one olive egg and one brown egg.

My girls are molting like crazy! Feathers are everywhere in the coop right now
1f633.png
but I got 4/8 today..better then nothing!

Quote:
7 Chicken egg's today ....... Again temps in the low 90's with a little breeze ...... Good idea but I need to clean it out as I haven't been able to use it for several years due to lack of energy because of the cancer kicking me so hard and I started putting in a metal hanger to hold my Cast Iron Pots up off the grate and if I can find some good help or find the energy I will get the bricks back up in place for a good dinner cooking other then that it was a great Fire Place with all the interior fans to get a rip roaring fire going but due to the amount of heat it puts out I can really only use it for a max of two weeks out of the year .... But you are correct it is great to sit in front of a fire when it gets cold .......

6 Chicken egg's today ......

Very chilly today as the winds last night picked up some salt from the dry lake bed some distance down the road and blocked out the sun for most of the day so it was down in the high 80's but the winds never stopped all day and the ducks and geese spent most of the day under the truck and the chickens were under the shed to stay out of the wind .......

I am still only getting 3 out of 5 hens. I bought all my chicks good Friday and only the RIR are laying. I have 3 RIR and the others I have no idea. They are smaller and have head-dress on top of their heads....lol but thought they would be laying by now as well. My hubby thinks they are maybe show chickens. I was hoping to get a few eggs before winter out of them. We just bought out of a tub of a mixture of chickens in a local ranch supply store. They free range and only go into the coop to lay and to roost.

Back
Top Bottom