How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

From yesterday and today ten egg's even with several broken in the nest and one on the floor .....
cool.png

11/16/17
5 brown
3 blue
2 white
1 cream pullet egg (I have no idea who laid this, my 2 pullets should be blue egg layers, even though I've only seen one lay)

Yesterday, I thought one of my White Leghorns laid a tiny egg, but today I got 2 normal Leghorn eggs and found another one of these mini eggs up on the poop board under the roost. And it is actually cream/light brown not white, so was the one yesterday. I have one pullet that I have not seen lay her egg, the other one lays a blue egg. This pullet should be a blue egg layer, but maybe she isn't.......I will solve this mystery!
What is the breed that you think is laying the light tan egg? I have an Easter Egger that was supposed to lay blue but lays light tan.

Now that I am only down with 4 chickens we get about 4 a day when it's nice outside so today it's going to be 70s yayyy so meybe some more ;)))

Last edited:
What is the breed that you think is laying the light tan egg? I have an Easter Egger that was supposed to lay blue but lays light tan.
Hi, Almosta farm!

The pullet is a pullet I hatched. She is a cross between a Cream Legbar Rooster crossed with an Auracana blue egg laying hen. Cream Legbar's are blue egg layers and this is a proven blue egg gene throwing rooster. It will shock me if she isn't a blue egg layer....but yet, I have found 2 cream colored pullet eggs......How strange!!! It has to be her though........there are no other pullets, her sister, same cross, hatched the same day just started laying last week and lays a beautiful blue egg. I'll keep watching though.......(and staying in denial....LOL)
lau.gif

P.S. I'm sure the hen is really an easter egger like yours, she came from the feed store, they called her an Auracana...but we all know you don't get pure breeds from the feed store...LOL. So, she may lay blue, but have some mixed breed brown layin' genes in her. However: I've always heard that the egg color is passed on by the rooster......
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Hi, Almosta farm!

The pullet is a pullet I hatched. She is a cross between a Cream Legbar Rooster crossed with an Auracana blue egg laying hen. Cream Legbar's are blue egg layers and this is a proven blue egg gene throwing rooster. It will shock me if she isn't a blue egg layer....but yet, I have found 2 cream colored pullet eggs......How strange!!! It has to be her though........there are no other pullets, her sister, same cross, hatched the same day just started laying last week and lays a beautiful blue egg. I'll keep watching though.......(and staying in denial....LOL)
lau.gif
Wow! Cool cross! I can't imagine her laying cream colored eggs.
hmm.png
I wish I wasn't on the other side of the country from you. I'd love to have some hatching eggs! I have a CLB hen and Light Brown Leghorn rooster ... thinking this cross might lay lighter blue eggs?

Wow! Cool cross! I can't imagine her laying cream colored eggs.
hmm.png
I wish I wasn't on the other side of the country from you. I'd love to have some hatching eggs! I have a CLB hen and Light Brown Leghorn rooster ... thinking this cross might lay lighter blue eggs?
AAAWW...it would be fun to try some crossing experiments with you.

I Tossed some white leghorn eggs in my incubator, crossed with my Cream Legbar rooster for the fun of it, since they lay white eggs like the brown leghorn I was thinking I would get light blue egg layers. We shall see if I get pullets and then see what they lay in 4-5 months....long wait....
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom