How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

On average 7-11 eggs from 16 isas, and 2 reds! Not sure why we are not getting more. Any pointers? They get complete food and free range time most everyday.

I got two eggs today. One is from one of my rir hens and the other is from one of my barred rock hens. I have four (out of six) hens that just started laying within the past three weeks. They lay every other day. The only ones who haven't started laying yet are my two easter eggers.

5 so far with a Welsummer hen in a next box working on #6. We have 8 out of 13 hens laying right now. The oldest are 6 months old the youngest 19 weeks. I'm just hoping the three youngest start laying before cold weather hits. Our Buff O's started laying at 19 weeks and we've been adding a new hen to the laying roster each week since we got the first egg.

We had a cool spell and the days are getting shorter. Was getting 6/8 some days all 8. Then when it cooled off 4 eggs.
1f610.png

These 6, plus 3 more. However, someone I didn't know was laying has been hoarding! Technically 3 were laid today.

Wahoo! Ghost just laid an egg. She is so proud of herself when she does, it's cute to listen to her "baqua" after
love.gif
her eggs are getting a little bigger too, so that makes me happy to see her progress!

Back
Top Bottom