How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

6 eggs today
love.gif

4 eggs from the control group
cool.png

0 eggs from the free range chickens
gig.gif

2 duck eggs today yep my little Kaki Campbell's produced their first eggs and put them in the same nest
celebrate.gif

Temp 85 F degrees with heavy dark storm clouds and precipitation but water just runs off a desert wont hold water
sickbyc.gif

In the incubator , one Russian Orloff chick hatched and a Molted Houdan chick ran out of energy during the or just after the peep process
pop.gif

So 1 RO egg was collected to day and a MH so I will let them sit in a egg carton for the week and drop what ever is collected at the end of the week into the incubator
lol.png

Well if it's not molting it's lack of light. My son works till 3 am and is letting the birds out at 9 he says. (I have doubts on the time he tells) so we are going to start lighting the coop in the mornings until he let's them out. There are less feathers being found in my coop and the few days we added more light we have gotten 3 a day. EE's slow down as they turn older too I think and the layers are half EEs. Going to have to have a heart to heart with Hubby and break some bad news to him about introducing better layers.

We have nine -six an half year old girls. three eggs a week are about it.
But... they are family now...
If I can convince them that suddenly new chicks hatched under them, I might get away with adding to the flock..
good luck with your heart to heart.

FINALLY after a 3 day strike Ghost laid a BEAUTIFUL egg this morning. Cupcake laid so far too, so 2 eggs this morning, and I should expect another 2 (Brownie and Orpi). Midnight and Milky Way are still not interested in the nesting boxes yet, and Bubbles, Genesis, Quail, and Tiny are just now 4mos 3wks, so shortly hopefully!

Back
Top Bottom