How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Isn't that interesting! And here I thought it was just mine.
hmm.png

Giving my girls one part morning and one part day in the dark (accidently) seemed to be strangely beneficial here.
They're all done earlier today again.
(My coop is a converted garage. I had to pull the car door down due to weather. I forgot that I had put the door down.
th.gif

They're in darkness except for a nightlight)
My girls live in geodesic dome 17 feet diameter I have a white light in it the tarp is brown,
roll.png

there is heat lamp I did use it during the winter but have a plain red light I use all the time other
times of the year.. I only close the door at night after they all go in

Last edited:
Sounds like many things alike with our Mom's you and I are also much alike Sure were not related
idunno.gif

lau.gif
My Dad hailed from Iowa back in the early 40's
LOL! My dad is from Illinois ( I don't remember where his parents & (maybe him) lived before that, it may have been OHIO). He was born in 1931. My parents grew up mostly in Illinois, Carbondale & Murphysboro to be exact. My brothers & I were all born in Texas. Maybe we're soul sisters, kind of like soulmates, but sisters.
hu.gif

LOL! My dad is from Illinois ( I don't remember where his parents & (maybe him) lived before that, it may have been OHIO). He was born in 1931. My parents grew up mostly in Illinois, Carbondale & Murphysboro to be exact. My brothers & I were all born in Texas. Maybe we're soul sisters, kind of like soulmates, but sisters.
hu.gif
kinda mispoke because Dad was 14 years older than Mom he left
Iowa like in early 30's to join the Navy at 15
must be the soul sister
ya.gif

Last edited:
No counts for the last few days, I haven't picked up eggs and my hubby didn't count them. Up very early Saturday to go to work then when I get home I had to pick up my Aunt from the hospital. She had a seizure while driving, she is ok but she had a Grand Mal just as we got to her door. I couldn't get her up off the ground and so the squad was called. Which turns out to be a good thing, her house keys were in her car at the towing company.( Could not get in her house to her medication.) brother and I will try to get her home today hopefully.
@karenerwin and Penny1960 still praying for you ladies and your Mother's. Sorry I don't mean to lurk so much.

Friday and Saturday
smack.gif

15 eggs
fl.gif

10 eggs from the control group
ya.gif

5 eggs from the free range chickens
hu.gif
Yep them little ladys are back to playing the hide and seek game or the crows are very alert to where the girls are stashing the meals in a shell
th.gif

Temps Friday 104F degrees and Saturday 98F degrees with high sandy winds
somad.gif

I was working out in the shop and this little bugger was running all over and I had to keep putting him on the floor but he would just keep jumping back up so he could be in the way or the center of attention ether way like any child he just took a nap
cool.png

A little supper vised swimming lesion
smile.png

gander007
old.gif

Last edited:
Mine are only at 2 this morning seems like I am not getting any until
later in the afternoon now as I only 5 old enough to lay right now

I have 26 hens. Today I got 25 eggs. The most I've ever got since 2010 when I started chicken keeping chickens again.

This is the longest I've ever kept chickens since I was around 6 or 7 years old.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom