How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I have Easter eggers ....16 chickens 3 rooster ........I'm only getting 3 eggs a day if I'm lucky. ...& they are small....very small ....I just got the chicks in March .... how many should they lay in a day

Your probably right around that 20 week mark so most of them should start laying soon. I had one that waited till almost 9 months and her and another are both heat sensitive and stopped laying completely for about a month when the temps went past the mid nineties. Also egg size will increase over time to their standard size. My EE aren't my consistent layers though 3 are much more consistent then the 2.

5 eggs so far today, one broody hen.

Getting ready to go camping. The eggs should be OK in the coop for 2 days right? Or will my broody spoil them by sitting on them? I can't break her right now because I don't want her caged while we are gone, and I do not have a rooster.

5 eggs so far today, one broody hen.

Getting ready to go camping. The eggs should be OK in the coop for 2 days right? Or will my broody spoil them by sitting on them? I can't break her right now because I don't want her caged while we are gone, and I do not have a rooster.
eggs should be fine would take allot longer to start to hatch

17 yesterday and 26 today - the new normal
1f914.png
1f917.png
1f911.png

Back
Top Bottom