How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

@karenerwin
  I think my girls feel they are being starved
built 3 of the pipe style 9 bags of crumble  a month was a bit of wake up
so they are not able to tip them or crap in them so
I will build 3 more
is this like the PVC feeding? I've been thinking of something better for our girls as well. The nipple waterer drips constantly

@Mamatink7
p.jpg
this is the water system used silicone adhesive
to seal them works fine
bought clamps to use on the red ones seal them pretty good
41vIUwrxgkL._AC_US160_.jpg
I made 3 of these I have 18 hens 1 cockerel
I am not going to make 3 more

This week I gathered 100 eggs even. There was 1 busted in the best, so they actually laid 101.

I have 21 layers and 11 that are just now coming into lay really well, so I guess now I can say I have 32 layers. I've gotten 12 eggs from the new layers run in the last three days.

I have another 11 that is coming up behind these new 11 layers. They are about a month and half younger.

9 eggs today 53 for the week. If they all keep this increasing up in might hit a full 8 eggs a day average next week. Need to remember to drag my but out of bed early tomorrow 11 girls go through 2 1 gallon waters in about 1 1/2 days. Need to start working on some need water plans. But I think I've cut feed in half. The girls started fliping the feeder when it was still 1/3 to 1/2 full so when we got done with the interior remodel on the coop we hung the feeder too. They use to go through 40 pounds in less the 2 weeks, filling a 10 pound feeder ever 2-3 days everyday towards the end. I think I've filled it twice in the 2 weeks is been hanging in the coop.

Anyways I really want to do a 5gallon bucket setup with the nipped water things. But everything I've come up with so far will provide them some type of platform to jump the fence from. And consideringredients I have 1 that is still jumping a 6ft fence with wing trimmed I certainly don't want to give her an easier route.

Back
Top Bottom