How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

4/9 today but 35 total for the week!!
1f60a.png

An even dozen eggs today from 20 layers. 2 haven't started back laying yet since hatching/raising chicks. And some are molting. There were so many feathers in the EE coop, I had to look to make sure no one had gotten attacked!! LOL.

4/9
So,the speckled eggs we got earlier in the week we thought we our Welsummer, but I caught her laying and she laying a smooth terra cotta egg. So, who is laying the speckled egg? Maybe our Olive Egger? Her feather pattering looks like she is a welsummer cross. It's a mystery!
[/IMG]
we get the same coloring of Speckled eggs and have seen it is a golden comet. Could it be a comet? I've heard great things about welsummer, do you like them and how many do you have?

I have 9 hens, all different breeds. One Welsummer. She is very sweet and does fine in the mixed flock. She lets us pet and hold her and she seems very chill.
I have a Easter Egger (confirmed pale turquoise egg), Cinnamon Queen (confirmed pinkish brown egg), Plymouth Barred Rick (confirmed beige egg), Welsummer (confirmed terra cotta egg). The others haven't been confirmed layers nor egg colors: Blue Wyandotte, Olive Egger, New Hampshire, Golden Laced Wyandotte and a French Black Copper Marans.
I wish I knew who laid the speckled egg!! Hope it wasn't my Welsummer's first eggs (we've gotten 2 speckled eggs) while she worked out her spray paint!!

Got our record again!! 10 (10 out of 11 confirmed & marked layers) eggs today♡
Had 1 BA with a crack and 1 EE on the coop floor. Still thinking 3rd BA will lay today. I'm really gonna work on putting up pics this week.
Update: got 11 eggs today:D every layer gave us one.

Last edited:
What breeds are your best layers? I'm just getting started with BAs,BOs and BRs. I want more but they double as pets so looking for nice friendly girls
1f601.png

Quote: Not quite the same species, but I had a line of sheep (one ram specifically) where all his daughters had that genetic fault. When they'd get close to lambing, we'd find them the same way...laying there dead with their intestines spilled out. What an awful way to find a once living creature.

I'm so sorry that you've both had to deal with that.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom