How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I've been keeping track of eggs laid each week for years. On Saturday, I transcribe the week's egg production to a calendar. I keep these calendars as a record of my flock. Any chicken that has become sick or died, or when new pullets begin laying, etc. gets noted on the day it occurs. It's real handy to go look up the calendars from last year or the past several years and compare with the current egg quotas. It's also helpful to get an idea when I can expect egg laying to pick up again.

Thanks for the great recording idea. I need all of the advice I can get. Is it ok to store fresh eggs in a used egg carton in the frig?

Last edited:
I would gladly send you some
hugs.gif

Thanks for the great recording idea. I need all of the advice I can get. Is it ok to store fresh eggs in a used egg carton in the frig?

I store my recently laid eggs in used 18 slot paper cartons that have been reused for several years. I throw them out when they become torn and flimsy or burn them in my wood stove. But they get plenty of use before being discarded.

My egg customers all save the egg cartons and bring them back to me to be refilled.

11 eggs today from 33 hens. 2 of my silkies are broody and the other hens are just getting to laying age...every few days I get a new egg color. Here's today's 11.

I store my recently laid eggs in used 18 slot paper cartons that have been reused for several years. I throw them out when they become torn and flimsy or burn them in my wood stove. But they get plenty of use before being discarded.

My egg customers all save the egg cartons and bring them back to me to be refilled.
same with our egg customers, they get a discount if they do;)

personally, we don't store in fridge as we don't wash eggs. I give customers their choice and none like in fridge. Especially since you are just starting, you will use them before being less fresh

I do give a 10 cent discount to give me my cartons back
just picked up 24 more at Dels they had a batch shipped with black barns not red
so I have many picked up 18 counts from ebay rarely use them

Back
Top Bottom