How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

We have 14 layers; all 27 weeks old.

They started laying at 22 weeks; we're up to a minimum of 3 per day, and have averaged 4-5 per day for the last week and today got 7.

So the girls are doing well and seem to be happy. Not using any added light, no heat in the coop (it was -5F this morning). Only using a heated base to keep the water from freezing. Makes me wonder what we're going to see coming the first of Spring.

Friday

chicken eggs 3

duck eggs well it seems the crows found the ducks nest and all the eggs are gone and she is out with all the other ducks enjoying the daytime sun .

I had a bobcat and a small one at that in the yard today but the guinea raised a ruckus that is the only reason I went out side to look and the little furry creature ran off but I am sure it will be back sooner or later .

Temp low 60's in the day and high 30's at night, clear skys and no winds but there is snow in the mountains down to 3000 feet so there wont be a lot of the city people up this weekend prospecting for the yellow stuff (gold) oh I should not for get to mention the rock hounds and star gazers .

@karenerwin , I hope everything is working out for ya as I have not seen any of your post lately, take care, oh I almost forgot you are probably moving your family around . .

I am averaging about 12 a day with 15 mature hens light brahmas, black Jersey giants, gold laced cochins, bielfelders, black copper marans, and my 6 mo old crested cream legbars pullets laid there first blue egg yesterday, 8 degrees in central Arkansas this morning .I do use supplementary lighting 2 hrs. pre sunrise and 2 hrs. post sunset I also add heat on nights below 30 degrees they are also housed in a 32x 18 greenhouse. you can check my profile for pics of my greenhouse conversion have a nice day and God Bless America
Harry

Back
Top Bottom