How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

2/7 Thinking one of my hens is past her prime. :-( I got her about 2 weeks ago and she has yet to lay any eggs for me. 

2 weeks is barely enough time to destress, plus if it's winter for you she may still be wintering too. Give her time. Some of mine just came out of wintering this week, and by some I mean 2, and they are 2 of the first years that I didn't expect to winter down... only 2 of 6 first years didn't winter down and best I can tell my second year girls aren't even close yet

3 so far with an EE sitting in the box... 4 confirmed laying 11 total. I might have a 5th starting back up but I haven't been able to confirm her or her egg just yet

I have 12 RSLs, 1 is 5 years old, 3 are 4 years old and 8 are 2 years old.  I feel truly lucky that so many of my birds live so long, but I pay a high price - no eggs!  I have several other breeds 4 years old and older.  I have a feeling I'm going to have a lot of sadness this coming year as my girls reach the end of their lives.
Yes sex-links born in early spring will after their second molt, around 30 months slow down their egg laying from what I have read.
I plan to to invite my girls to dinner around 28 months. But will have to wait and see if I can. GC

5/10 (8 laying now). Got my first BLUE egg today! 2 of 4 EE's laying now
1f600.png
Still waiting on 1 EE and 1 OE ( 30 1/2 weeks) to begin laying. 3 new layers in the last 5 days in freezing temps, so awesome! My basket is becoming very colorful
1f600.png

Back
Top Bottom