How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I woke up my girls 20 minutes early today at 4:40 and they looked at me with a puzzled look, like, why are you waking us up so early?
Daylight savings time girls! Tomorrow I will wake them at 4:20 and Sunday at 4am which will be 5am daylight savings time.
Why do I do this? An abrupt change in lighting can disrupt egg laying, from what I've read. I turn on the lights and give them scratch grains, fill the water bowl under the raised coop and check for eggs.
Today it's snowing and my girls won't walk on snow, so I scattered breakfast under the coop.
0/5 today at 4:40am. GC

Snowing and 27F, 5 inches so far. Here is a pic of my girls frolicking in the snow today.
Yeah, you won't find chicken tracks anywhere around the coop. My girls avoid walking on snow, even a dusting of snow, like it was the plague.
5/5 today. GC

Last edited:
7 of 11 for eggs... might have a s8xk or injured girl went out ton the coop this afternoon. She looks OK comb and color but isn't standing fully. She tries to walk but at a squat. And is staying sitting. Not sure what's going on.

ah heck we are getting webbed feet here it is raining every day all day
We got some rain the last couple of days, but now we have freeze warnings and are expecting snow. I think it is suppose to be less than 1 inch. I put tarps over all of the peach and apple trees this evening/ The peach trees have already started to bud & blossom. Hopefully, this will protect them.

Thursday

Chicken eggs 7 found
wink.png

Geese are funny to watch right now as they are fighting over who gets to sit on the nest
lau.gif

Temp mid 70's all day no winds .

I took this photo a couple of days ago after we startled each other, If you cant see the donkey's very well then tap on the photo to enlarge it . These small cameras are really for close ups not for 50 yard shots .
Beautiful pictures! I especially like the bottom picture with the donkeys in it.

16 eggs today. I have over 10 dozen eggs sitting on my counter.

Back
Top Bottom