How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

15 Eggs Today, any one have seen 4 wk old chicks roosting way up? Ive noticed chicks that were raised by my broody hens were roosting at really young age and tonight when I did my last check in the coop, saw them roosting 7’ high on the rafters with the rest of 1 yr old hens, I was just fascinated normally my new integrated pullets roost on the lowest perches.

only 7 today but crazy white dog has them hiding in the coop then I moved things in the coop did the big cleaning ..Now up in Silky land hatch of 12 is 9 one died not quite out of the shell 2 just did not try I call that pretty good 9 little peeps
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg
006.jpg

I’ve been absent for some time! My mom’s been fighting lung cancer for 2.5 years and I don’t think she’ll make it another month. Plus, we’ve been camping and seem to have plans every weekend. Back to eggs... I was getting 13-15 eggs a day for a while. The last week I was getting 12 and then this weekend dropped down to 9 a day for the last 4 days. I don’t know if it’s all the fireworks or warmer weather but I’m about to lose my mind! I need egg production! I’ve got one broody who’s been for 3 weeks and I’m gonna break her on Thursday. I have a rabbit cage I can put her in and hold her for how long? Possibly another broody - found one of my PBR in the nest box tonight. Not another one!!!! My girls aren’t even a year old. Oy!!!!

Back
Top Bottom