How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I only have 3 hens/pullets, they're only 5, 6 months old, so not sure if they're considered hens yet? But they've been laying almost daily since beginning of January when they first started, not so shabby especially this time of the year.

Still pullets until a year old.

Congrats on your egg makers! :woot

I am trying. This group is really taking their time getting back to laying.
They all have nice red combs and fancy new feather coats so maybe soon.....
All individuals. I have 5 girls from the 2017 batch, still waiting for 3 of them to start back up. All of the ones from 2015 are getting back in the game as are 2 of the 2012's. All of the 2018's are laying, some better than others.

All individuals. I have 5 girls from the 2017 batch, still waiting for 3 of them to start back up. All of the ones from 2015 are getting back in the game as are 2 of the 2012's. All of the 2018's are laying, some better than others.

I know patience is needed. I do really like these birds for a lot of reasons. I would love to add their eggs to the reasons I like them.

Twenty five years ago when I got into keeping chickens I got what was available at the CO-OP. I was very lucky. Those Australorp rarely missed a day in 5 years.
I did have to give them to a neighbor when I moved back into town. She adored them too.

They must have been from very good stock.

Another case of "they don't make them like they used to"? I wonder where the co-op got them.

THAT I do know! They were locally hatched by a farmer/rancher from his own stock.

I paid $6 a bird even way back then. I had no idea about chickens lol. They were a spur of the moment buy. I know, I know. :rolleyes:

They were in the end the absolute best birds I have ever owned.

Oh and he had vent sexed them! I got no accidental roosters in the large group I bought.

Back
Top Bottom