How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

5 eggs today! Martha's blue, the Egger sisters' greens, Jill the Delaware's pale brown/rose tinted, and a medium tan - either "Queen" Pauline the Buff Orp (hopefully sizing up from her recent little "pullet egg" offerings!) or Xena the PBR.

The girls were loving this rare sunny day after so many atmospheric rivers moving through here since the first of the year! They spent the whole day playing outside, sunbathing, kicking their "scratch bottle" all over the yard to get little bits of the treat out of small holes in the bottle, and tearing through the piles of fresh weeds I brought them.

One more clear day tomorrow, then we're in for another rainy spell till Wed/Thurs. next week.

My girls gave me 5 nice eggs today. I usually don't let them out to forage in the yard until late in the evening, but since I was going to be outside with them I let them out into yard around 2 o'clock this afternoon.

They spent an hour or so down inside the edge of the woods digging through the forest duff. Probably finding worms, slugs and snails.

Then they went into the pasture, beyond the back fence of my place. There's a hawk that regularly flies back and forth over the pasture, so I kept an eye on them (BB gun in hand, just in case. LOL)

They were all ready to go back into the run around 5PM and acted like they were starving for pellets, with four of them eating pellets out of a feeder designed for two chickens.

They all seem to be healthy and happy chickens. They love scratching under the trees.

View attachment 3766342View attachment 3766343View attachment 3766344View attachment 3766346View attachment 3766348View attachment 3766349View attachment 3766350View attachment 3766351
Wow, you gave them an afternoon in chicken paradise! Happy, lucky chooks - they look like they're having a grand time!😍

I got 9 yesterday.
20240307_131640.jpg

Back
Top Bottom