How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

I use this contraption to dry eggshells for my chickens. Twelve hours in the box with the fan running and the shells are all dry and crispy. Dry shells get crushed in a quart freezer bag then transferred to a gallon bag for storage.

View attachment 3766932View attachment 3766933View attachment 3766934View attachment 3766935
View attachment 3766946
You're much more organized than I am! Eggshells just get tossed in a box near the woodstove, and when I need to crush more for the girls' enjoyment, I just dig out a bunch from the bottom of the pile. ☺️😁 But I only have 8 girls so it's not that overwhelming to keep up with.

My 3-yr-old grandson's coming to visit soon, I think he'll enjoy a shell-crushing party!

Thank you! Her name is Lua. My grand daughter named her. She is a nice lady 😀
Lua looks just like our Barred Rock Xenobia (aka "Xena the Warrior Princess" jokingly, because she's such a sweet & mellow big floof!) She's one of my friendly favorites in the flock.🤗

Oh, right - just 4 eggs out of 8 girls today: Martha's blue, Edna's green, Xena's tan and a big brown (Rhonda or Sheila?)

14 today.

But my beautiful Barred Rock was dead under the coop…stiff as a board, no injuries apparent. Wonder if she had a heart attack…poor honey. 😞
Ohhhh, no! What a shock, so sad... 😲 Was she an old girl? Obviously she'd seemed fine before; so sorry you've lost your sweet girl.😢

Back
Top Bottom