How Many Eggs Did You Get Today?

Not enough. :(

We actually had to buy store eggs. It's been a year since laying, but my girls are not laying as well in this hot weather.

2-5 laying.

Last edited:
I got 5 eggs from 6 hens of laying age. One of my BO girls finally laid an egg today! All together we have 11 hens so once the rest of the Buffs get going we will have eggs to share.

I have to follow this up with a question.....we have 4 tetra tints and only 3 are laying, they are all the same age. Everyday we get 3 eggs from them and 1 from the Barred Rock. Is it normal for a hen to not lay eggs? The one that does not lay any eggs seems to get " depressed" every so often...she will sit in the nest box all day with no action. And then after awhile she comes out and gets on with her life.

We have 13 hens, and they have just started laying...our best day is 6 eggs....some are Cochins, so they won't lay every day, right? Nor will the Penedesenca or the Ameracauna, right? This is our first time with chickens, and I am not sure how this is supposed to work. They were hatched the last week of Feb. 2012, and just started laying last week. Any help is wonderful!

13 eggs from 18 hens....second time this week...
ya.gif

Last edited:
we are still getting 5 a day out of 11 hens, we had 12, but one died.

we have 4 sex-links are are just starting to squat when they come up to me, so maybe they will start laying soon.

we have 2 banny's who still aren't squatting and they are the same age as the 5 RIR's we have that are laying already (any ideas on what ages they start laying, we got them as day old chicks March 17th) I figured they would be laying by now.

Back
Top Bottom