How many Eggs did you Sell today?

1 doz

I intended to give them to my neighbor who loves my chickens and has never complained about them coming to her yard, and doesn't even seem to mind the rooster crowing.
So I knocked on her door and gave them to her hubby who answered the door.
A few minutes later she came over and gave me a dollar and said she would buy any extra eggs whenever I had them.

With only 3 layers I'm not exactly trying to sell a ton of eggs, but when I was sick they piled up a bit and I figured I'd share the wealth.

I give away all my extra eggs, about 5 dozen a week. sometimes I donate them to the senior group in my town. They cook them up for a free breakfest for all. feels good to feed people who need it.

Last edited:
10 dozen and gave 1 1/2 dozen to the kid next door who is a regular customer. He has a little part time job and saves his money to buy eggs and pay for his tuition , so I try to help him out by giving him free eggs.

How do you all promote your eggs? I have a sign that I made (a really cute one if I do say so myself - I'll post a pic tomorrow) but I haven't had any bites yet. My parents pay for the eggs they get from me. My in-laws do not and I would ask them too. I really just want to break even with my costs.

I have a sign at the end of the road I live on and one at my driveway. also promote by word of mouth.

Hi everyone, I am new to this thread. Last year for my daughters bday I got her three chickens, lost one in July so then down to two that started laying in August. Frustrating and slow getting only 2 eggs a day so by September I went out and bought two fall chickies. After the bigs first molt process was done the newbies started laying so now we get 3-4 a day!! Well then I got the urge for even more eggs so I bought 5 more babies who are 9 weeks old! Our eggs sometimes accumulate when I don't have any urge to bake or cook big breakfasts. My daughter who is only 10 LOVES to shop and is always wanting to make more money bc birthdays and Christmas are only once a year!! So she decided to sell her eggs! She only had 22 eggs to work with yesterday and so she sold 3 half dozens at $2.50!! So she made $7.50 plus sold lemonade and made $10. Of course she will only have enough for purchasing an Essie nail color!! But if she saves up she will be able to purchase her own mani/pedis or a Vineyard Vines shirt! High maintenance girl!! Happy to raise her to be an independent woman!
Ava and her new job:

Ava and our next door neighbor:

Back
Top Bottom