How many hens for one rooster?

I'm SOOO EXCITED!! Yesterday I bought 3 more "ladies" for Poppy!! Of course he can't be introduced for another month or so cuz I have them quarantined to keep an eye on them but....these girls are what I believe to b Red Sex Links, and the bigger one is...well kinda large LOL Can't WAIT to see how it goes!!
1f425.png
1f425.png
1f425.png

Do I need to have the same breed rooster for every hen? Should we expect mixed breed chicks if we use mixed breed Rooster-Hen?

Do I need to have the same breed rooster for every hen? Should we expect mixed breed chicks if we use mixed breed Rooster-Hen?

Unless both parents are the same breed, the offspring will be mixed breed birds. Not a problem for most of us, we like the mix and match flock. Personally, I like having birds that don't look just like everyone else's.

I have two young roos who are so aggressively two older roos are getting aggressive. Should I get rid of the two young ones, or how can I calm them down? Also the spurs on my roos are gouging my hens. I've already lost one he and have another separated to heal. But as soon as I reintroduced her to the flock the roos go crazy trying to mate with her. The other hens are getting their feathers scratched off also, it makes me want to get rid of my roos. Any advise would help. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom