How Many Homebrewers do we have out there!

It is addictive. LOL We just bottled a "Lavender Lady" for a warm weather beer. MY bf is looking at recipes to start another one. It is fun.

I'v been brewing on and off for many years. My last experience involved brewing 7-15 gal every week or so. I got so sick and tired of washing bottles, that I built a keggerator, and started putting my beer up in kegs. I was rotating about 6 kegs at the time.

The problem is friends and stuff. They somehow think it's all free because it's coming out of a keg. There's zero regard for the cost and my time.
Nobody ever left any cash behind. Finally I said something about it.
Haven't seen many of those guys in a long time.

But since I've quit drinking....That hobby died, and I really don't have time for root beer and other things.

Nobody can drink as much as some dudes who didn't have to pay. It's a big problem with my neighbors any time they are over.
As I said.

Sometimes I'd have to make a 300 mi rt to Phx just to get brewing supplies.

But hey, let's stop in at Joe's for a few beers!

Here's a funny little anecdote. My room mate had a friend over one night partying hard until late in the morning. They drank all my commercial beer (bud). No asking or anything, they just pounded it away.
When that was gone room mate's friend hit the fridge looking for something else to drink. He found something, opened and began to drink it.
The stupid idiot pounded a bottle or wort.

The next day he had the gall to tell me I brewed awful beer.

I just started, but have a gallon of meade and a gallon of spiced cyser in secondary fermentation on my counter right now!
I want to try a hard cider, but it doesn't age as long so I am waiting until I have this baby so my husband doesn't drink it before I can, lol.

I just started, but have a gallon of meade and a gallon of spiced cyser in secondary fermentation on my counter right now!
I want to try a hard cider, but it doesn't age as long so I am waiting until I have this baby so my husband doesn't drink it before I can, lol.
You do realize, a gallon is just a bit less than a 12 pk.
It won't last long.

Yep! I just wanted to make sure that I didn't suck at it before I did a big batch, lol. It's my inaugural batch, and should be done just in time to toast the new baby... as long as it doesn't taste like butt!

Yep! I just wanted to make sure that I didn't suck at it before I did a big batch, lol. It's my inaugural batch, and should be done just in time to toast the new baby... as long as it doesn't taste like butt!
it all depends on what kind of mead you made.
The old,old,old, timey mead was made with honey, nuts, berries whatever they could find for spices and so on.
They didn't have packaged yeast back then so they left it to the natural yeasts on their ingredients and in the air.

I seriously don't think they drank this for the taste, but only to get drunk. I kinda tried a batch once, pretty gnarly.

Back
Top Bottom