How many of you ladies drive trucks?

ChickenToes

Songster
11 Years
May 14, 2008
NE Wisconsin
I ask this question out of curiosity. I live in an area where most women drive cars or SUVs. I do occasionally get funny looks when I climb out of my truck.

I have never liked driving cars, they make me feel like I'm driving a matchbox. And since I live in a place that gets plenty of snow, I do not understand why you would want to drive a car. Being stuck in a snowbank is not my cup of tea, give me my 4 wheel drive!

So what do YOU drive? I drive a black Dodge Ram with dual exhaust. Happiness is the sound of loud pipes...
love.gif

The trucks I drive are: 1994 Chevy 4 wheel drive, 2001 Dodge 4 wheel drive, 1979 chevy 4 wheel drive, 1974 chevy c65 grain truck. I don't care for cars. I do have a 99 chevy van I use when I'm hauling too many grandkids for the trucks around!!

Last edited:
Got my drivers license in a old pick up truck! It was the only vehicle anyone would let me drive. I now have a car I drive daily, but still have an old Ford 250 diesel to pull my horse trailer and make feed store runs. Love trucks!!
lol.png

2007 Ford F-150 and 1968 Ford F-100. Though I drive the F-100 on a limited basis (no power steering, no power brakes, and three on the tree!)

edited for lack of typing skills today!

Last edited:
I have two Toyotas- a pick-up and a Carolla. I don't need the 4WD and gas costs of the truck all the time, nor do I care to put that kind of environmental waste on my conscience, so I drive the truck when needed, the car the rest of the time.

I'll admit, I hate the feeling of being in a little car compared to being up high in the truck, but if everyone was only concerned about their feelings and didn't care about the environment, we'd have global impact...wait...nevermind.

...stepping off soapbox now.

I normally drive a little boxy Scion, but I have an old Ford F150 that I use to haul stuff. It's a monster sized truck so it can haul a lot. Of course, right now the alternator is out so it's not hauling anything right now.

Does a loosy-goosy old truck in the 1970's count? I spent a summer working at a camp in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and drove a pretty neat truck that felt like it was going to fall apart any minute. Kind of exciting.

Back
Top Bottom