How many people have buff Orpingtons

Hi just an FYI my BO didn't lay until she was six months old. However she has laid nearly every day since. Such lovely hens
smile.png
Thanks for the info. I will try to be patient and wait until they are ready, but I am ready!!!

I do have a little Silver Sebright that lays 3 consecutive days, then takes a two week break.????

I do :)
Sweet annie:
228204_4241782462463_1603941180_n.jpg
1004015_4241782702469_1978052494_n.jpg

Bella (sweet annie is her mother!):
1010658_4250100390406_296948278_n.jpg

And Daisy (she is Sweet Annies sister, so is auntie to Bella):
1011914_4250084950020_1447507978_n.jpg
1011085_4250083149975_121290913_n.jpg

I have 2 that are 8 wks old.
One is nice and enjoys attention,the other one squawks and flaps her wings.
Both are pecky birds.

I did noticed today that one of my BO's the not friendly one is getting waddles and a lot of red coloring in it's face
the other one is still pale looking...Hope a don't have a roo on my hands !!!

I have one. He was supposed to be a pullet, but he is not. He is a sweet bird though, when we can catch him, he lets us carry him around without complaint. He follows me around the yard waiting for me to toss a treat. We call him Emeril and he is 20 weeks old. As long as he continues his sweetness, we will keep him. He does a great job protecting his girls, but I have 2 small children. If he gets aggressive, we will probably call him supper. I keep reading that BO's are usually a non-aggressive and sweet breed, so I hope the sweetness continues.

Hi everyone
I just joined a few minutes ago and wanted to share I have 24 buffs. Some love attention and some not so much. I let them be free during the day and they love every minute of it. I do have one that may be a roo I am starting to hear one practicing the cock a doodle do. This is my first time with chickens and so I am truly a newbe. Any suggestions would be welcomed. I feed them org but not everyday every other day I give them the bag stuff the rest of the time they eat bugs and my pulp from my organic juices is this ok? 12 will be put in the freezer and the rest for eggs how do you not get attached to them it is so hard. they come when I call them meet me at my car and follow me when I am outside.
Love to all Farmingchick
frow.gif

Hi everyone
I just joined a few minutes ago and wanted to share I have 24 buffs.  Some love attention and some not so much.  I let them be free during the day and they love every minute of it.  I do have one that may be a roo I am starting to hear one practicing the cock a doodle do.  This is my first time with chickens and so I am truly a newbe.  Any suggestions would be welcomed.  I feed them org but not everyday every other day I give them the bag stuff the rest of the time they eat bugs and my pulp from my organic juices is this ok?  12 will be put in the freezer and the rest for eggs how do you not get attached to them it is so hard.  they come when I call them meet me at my car and follow me when I am outside.
Love to all Farmingchick:frow

welcome to the world of chickens. Good luck in not getting attached. Wanted to say regarding fruit they shouldn't eat oranges maybe all citrus fruit and 100% no avocado. x

Back
Top Bottom