How many people have buff Orpingtons

I have 7 , 3 from a project of the lady I got them from. Lemon cuckoo I believe and 4 Little buffs. Do all chickens purr or just this breed. They all purr when they get comfy. I really don't care about the colors I just like the temperament. They are still young. 3 and 5 months. No eggs yet. Mine go swimming or rather floating with me on hot days.

Last edited:

My girls, about 15 weeks old now. Also why are their tail feathers so big. The others I've seen on here so more fluffy and have short tails.

My girl at that age had the same thing happen to me it just means that they are growing faster than other chickens might

I have 7 , 3 from a project of the lady I got them from. Lemon cuckoo I believe and 4 Little buffs. Do all chickens purr or just this breed. They all purr when they get comfy. I really don't care about the colors I just like the temperament. They are still young. 3 and 5 months. No eggs yet. Mine go swimming or rather floating with me on hot days.

My chickens at that age purred to when they got comfy and I believe all chickens do at that age

We do. I love the breed. The new ones (hens), just arrived, hand delivered from Santa Barbara from Dare to Dream Farm. Ordered 7 Buff Orpingtons, and 5 Barred Rock. All at Point of lay. Guaranteed Hens......Yaaaaaaay. Love my Roosters but ended up with too many and needed more Hens to go around.

Starting to name them....

So far...

Buff Orpington.....Talladega
Buff Orpington.....Tequila
Buff Orpington.....Biscuit
Buff Orpington.....June Bug

Barred Rock....Alleyoop

Back
Top Bottom