How many people have buff Orpingtons

I had my heart set on Chanteclers, but I have to admit BO are growing on me! I've got two young kids and these guys sound like fantastic family pets :)

I love buffs! They are so pretty, and they tend to be good layers. Right now we have two, Ethel and Marge. Ethel is 2 years old and Marge is 1. Marge is my favorite hen besides our black star sex link Sylvia, because she is so cute. Marge is FAT and has a chunky bottom. Probably because she eats out of the bird feeder, though I don't like that because the bird seed is likely to be GMO.
Can anyone tell their chickens apart without seeing them by simply hearing them? MY hens all have a unique voice and sound. Some have growly low voices or gravelly voices, and some are high pitched, the sopranos of the coop!

My neighbors have seventeen. They are very sweet and chase you if you are carrying a bowl inside then pen. They are very pretty and fluffy.

Marge went broody about a month ago, wow she really wanted to hatch some babies! It took me awhile to break her broodiness, though if I could have I would have let her hatch some.

My girls, about 15 weeks old now. Also why are their tail feathers so big. The others I've seen on here so more fluffy and have short tails.

Maybe the are roosters.

Back
Top Bottom