How many pigeons could I have in my coop?

Good advise from Laughing Dog. Hope your right. I know what it is like to loose a whole flock with one attack from a weasel. Pick up some 1/2 or 1/4 inch hardware cloth just to make me feel better back yard buddy. In most places you can by it by the foot you would not break the bank for the little you would require..
That's true I probably will pick up some, there's a hardware store close by that sells wire by the foot. I only have 4 fantail pigeons now and I'm gonna get a couple pairs of homers so they'll love the big loft!

I would go with hardware cloth, as otherwise sooner or later animals will get in.
I was going to but we didn't have any left and it's about 6 feet off the ground and the dogs are beside the tree house so no coons or anything come by there, and I've trapped a lot around my property and haven't seen any coons or possums in a long time.

Don't go buying all the birds at one time... because you will only need a few to get started... they will soon reproduce like rabbits and you can build up the numbers like that.

Don't go buying all the birds at one time... because you will only need a few to get started... they will soon reproduce like rabbits and you can build up the numbers like that.
I heard they reproduce like crazy, hatch in 16-18 days and wean at around 21 or so days and than they can have babies about how old?

Back
Top Bottom