How many times/day do you feed your chickens?

first meal i ever made, no lie. i was married and didnt have a clue. seen my mother make veggie soup so i opened a bunch of caned veggies and dumped them in a pot. no salt no broth  then i knew she put some sort of meat in it and all i had was a can of salmon. so ya, the bones were floating , the dog threw up. im not much better 35 yrs. later. definitely no betty crocker 

ROFLMAO!
I've been cooking & baking since I was big enough to stir. Same for my kids. No matter what, if there's food available, my family won't starve cuz they don't know what to do with that food.

Last edited:
i dont know why i even have a kitchen in my house, aka, torture chamber as i like to call it. my poor kids grew up on mc donalds. all i need is a freezer and a microwave. im good. oh, and coffee pot, cant forget that part. its not like i dont like to eat. i wish i liked to cook. i just cant. i can skin a catfish pretty quick though. hahah

i dont know why i even have a kitchen in my house, aka, torture chamber as i like to call it. my poor kids grew up on mc donalds. all i need is a freezer and a microwave. im good. oh, and coffee pot, cant forget that part. its not like i dont like to eat. i wish i liked to cook. i just cant. i can skin a catfish pretty quick though. hahah

I grew up cleaning fish, skinning rabbits & squirrels, butchering hogs & deer & now I process poultry too. Never short of food round here. Usually no need for a cookbook either. I make up recipes as I go.

i was always chased out of the kitchen when mom cooked and now she complains about my cooking. maybe thats why i love my chickens , they pretty much eat good, except the biscuits . i made a box cake the other day and had to throw it away. i didnt give that to the chickens, didnt know if i should or not.

i was always chased out of the kitchen when mom cooked and now she complains about my cooking.  maybe thats why i love my chickens , they pretty much eat  good, except the biscuits . i made a box cake the other day and had to throw it away.  i didnt give that to the chickens, didnt know if i should or not. 

Mine eat anything that doesn't eat them first...literally!

I grew up with my mom, step-mom, 2 grandmas & 2 grandpas all teavhing me to cook. I put it all together & can now out cook all of them. I have taught my mother several things about cooking in the past 5 yrs...lol

Last edited:
big_smile.png
tongue.png

Everyone SMILE!!! it can lift any mood up, even if it is a fake smile!!
big_smile.png
tongue.png

The problem with bread is that it has very low nutritional value, especially white bread. It's like candy to the birds.

I feed my Chicken bread as a treat.. Never use it to substitute there grain.. You will see when you show up with the bread bag they go crazy waiting for it lol.

I know. That's the hazard of feeding too much bread. They gorge on it & leave no room for the healthy stuff...just like a kid with candy.

I know. That's the hazard of feeding too much bread. They gorge on it & leave no room for the healthy stuff...just like a kid with candy.

I noticed the same thing, I save old bread and they only get it once a week and its not much at that, maybe a half loaf for all 21 chickens.... Those chickens are crazy with the stuff!

Back
Top Bottom