How may weeks old will EE start showing gender signs?

hollymamma

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2021
I posted some pictures a few weeks ago of my three EEs and was told it was still too early to show any signs of a cockerel. They are now 5-6 weeks old and all three have developed differently for sure. :) The grey is the largest (was the smallest), but I can't tell if just a big girl. The one I know is a pullet is very tame and sweet...light feather colors. The other two are a little more shy, but are not showing comb color/size of being cockerels at this point...not sure about the feathering. The darker chick has some white and black feathers coming in around the neck...was completely brown as a chick...and, has a very small tail compared to the other two. I'm wondering if those feather colors are a sign of a cockerel. Maybe I just have to continue to play the waiting game. I hope the pictures are clear enough. My daughter is not home to help and I didn't want them flying all around the room. :) Thank you.

Attachments

• ee5.jpg
    ee5.jpg
    625 KB · Views: 60
  • ee3.jpg
    ee3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 21
  • ee4.jpg
    ee4.jpg
    711.4 KB · Views: 20
  • ee2.jpg
    ee2.jpg
    637 KB · Views: 19
  • ee1.jpg
    ee1.jpg
    857 KB · Views: 19
I would say pullets as well so far. The uniform feather patterning without any splotches of random colors is what is making me say that. The combs are also quite small and like the other person said, their combs would usually be much bigger at 6 weeks if they were cockerels.

They all look like pullets to me, easter eggers are very colorful birds and can come in basically any color. The 3 easter egger chicks I got from Meyer this year are all very different colors/patterns and they're different from the lakeside egger chicks I also ordered (they're a hatchery specific easter egger type) and those are different from the easter eggers I got from tractor supply last year. IMO the surprise of what colored bird and eggs you get is one of the things that makes easter eggers amazing birds! At that age, tail length doesn't mean much as I have had pullets with long tails and not so long tails.

Any updates? I’m curious because I have one just like your lighter one
Thanks for asking. I'm pretty sure they are all pullets...8-9 weeks old.
Any updates? I’m curious because I have one just like your lighter one
Thanks for asking. I do believe they are all pullets...8-9 weeks old. However, my grey one is so big! That being said...little to no comb. I guess she's just a big girl. The one with the black and white feathers around the neck has almost no tail.

Attachments

• chickup2.jpg
    chickup2.jpg
    682.4 KB · Views: 6
  • chickup3.jpg
    chickup3.jpg
    629.9 KB · Views: 6
  • chickup4.jpg
    chickup4.jpg
    553.4 KB · Views: 7
  • chickup5.jpg
    chickup5.jpg