How much are Golden Sebrights, Silkies, and OEG Bantams worth?

NinjaGamer2022

Songster
Apr 30, 2022
In the future I plan to breed bantam chickens and sell their eggs and hatched chicks. I have presumably 2 Golden Sebrights, 2 white Silkies, two Silver Duckwings (OEG bantam category), and either a white OEG bntum OR Red Pyle bantam from TSC + 1 grey Silkie from Rural King. Since they are from local farm stores I doubt they are show quality chicks (They are all unfeathered excluding one of the Silver Duckwings and all are unsexed). How much would their hatching eggs and chicks be worth approx? Thanks,

How much would their hatching eggs and chicks be worth approx?

For chicks: if your chicks are purebreds, they are probably worth about the same amount of money that the local farm stores are charging for chicks of that type. If you let the breeds mix, the mixed-breed chicks would be worth less than purebred chicks.

For hatching eggs: probably each egg would be worth a bit less than a chick, but eggs for hatching would be worth a bit more than the local price for eggs to eat.

For chicks: if your chicks are purebreds, they are probably worth about the same amount of money that the local farm stores are charging for chicks of that type. If you let the breeds mix, the mixed-breed chicks would be worth less than purebred chicks.

For hatching eggs: probably each egg would be worth a bit less than a chick, but eggs for hatching would be worth a bit more than the local price for eggs to eat.
My local TSC just had them labeled as "Assorted Bantams" for $4 each. Lately to my surprise they have only had Silver Duckwings lately. My local Rural King sell assorted bantams for $6 each.
I forgot to specify they would be hatching eggs because their eggs are small and they don't lay often. I do plan to cook their eggs at least one though. Thank you for your info.

My local TSC just had them labeled as "Assorted Bantams" for $4 each. Lately to my surprise they have only had Silver Duckwings lately. My local Rural King sell assorted bantams for $6 each.
Then probably $4 to $6 for purebred chicks, less for mixed-breed chicks.

I forgot to specify they would be hatching eggs because their eggs are small and they don't lay often. I do plan to cook their eggs at least one though.
I just meant, whatever people pay for a dozen eggs to eat (from the local grocery store, other chicken keeper, etc), you should charge more than that for a dozen hatching eggs.

For common pure breeds, no matter the quality, I charge $2.50 a chick.

For mixes I charge $1.00 a chick.

Hatching Eggs, I haven't set a price on, but eating eggs I sell for $2.00 a dozen.

For rare/Endangered breeds I'd charge more. Malays for example $30 - 35 a chick.

Back
Top Bottom