How much do a dozen supermarket eggs go for in your area?

$5.15!!!!!????? WOW!

Extra-Large supermarket eggs are $2.99 a dozen. I had to buy a few dozen this winter when my chickens slacked off and had the shock of my life! I was selling mine for $2 a dozen. My price WILL be going up this year!
hmm.png

We have a terribly large variety of eggs in most places so it depends where you go.

Your standard leghorn eggs, large, in the bottom of the egg section, goes for about 1.99, or even less per dozen if it is some sale or promotional thing...not too long ago food emporium had a free one dozen medium sized eggs if you bought something else promotion too.

Then you have the omega 3 eggs... from which if you just ate the flax seeds yourself you'd get more omega 3 eggs, go for 3.99 per 6! So that makes it almost 8 bucks a dozen for that specialty type egg.

So range is "free with purchase" to 8 a dozen here.

$2.50 a dozen here. It seemed they went up almost a $1 a dozen over night. I don't know which is worse, the cost of eggs or paying $5 for a gallon of milk

Quote:
Holy cow, I'd be in the poor house. My 2 boys go through 3 gallons a week between them. Thank goodness Dh and I are lactose intolerant.

$7 a gallon? Are you pricing goats milk? That's going for $3.67 a quart. I only live a couple hours south of you and a gallon of cows milk is $4.49 here.

I just started buying the cow stuff because I dried my goat up for the winter. Can't wait for spring kids and more milk!
smile.png

$1.88 a dozen here. I just price checked them two days ago.

$7 milk? Wow! We go through 1 gallon a day. Not sure what it is bringing in the stores though-I think somewhere around $3. We have the dairy cows so we have our own milk.

Back
Top Bottom